Monday, January 16, 2012
Treat of the Week: Knock You Naked Brownies
Knock You Naked Brownies
Courtesy of www.thepioneerwoman.com
Made by Jillian Block
- German Chocolate Cake Mix (1 box, 18.5 oz)
- Evaporated Milk (1/3 c., for mix)
- Evaporated Milk (1/2 c., for caramel mixture)
- Butter, melted (1/2 c.)
- Caramels, 60, unwrapped
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/3 c.)
- Powdered Sugar (1/4 c.)
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Grease a 9 x 9 square baking pan
3) In a large bowl, mix cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 c. evaporated milk, and butter (melted). Stir together It will be thick.
4) Press HALF of the mixture into the greased pan. Back for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
5) While baking...get out a double boiler (or a boiling saucepan with heatproof bowl on top...which never works quite right, but whatever...I don't have a double boiler). Add caramels with 1/2 c. evaporated milk. When melted, pour over the brownie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6) Turn out the remaining brownie dough on a work surface. Use your hands to make it into a large square that is a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it and put it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
7) Bake fr 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Then cover and refrigerate for a few hours. When ready to serve, sift powdered sugar on top.