Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reflections on Alyssa's story

At our first meeting, our coordinator, Alyssa Theisen shared with us some of her journey as a mom and her experience in MOPS.  Thank you Alyssa for sharing your story and being transparent with us.

I’ve been reflecting upon our first meeting and some of the things that Alyssa said.  She made the comment that when she first came to MOPS, she didn’t feel like she needed MOPS.  But she felt compelled by God to keep coming, and so she did.  Maybe she did need MOPS, and she just didn’t know it yet.  Or perhaps she really didn’t need MOPS, but maybe MOPS needed her!  In the years since then, Alyssa has served as a Discussion Group Leader, Caregiving & Service, and as Coordinator.  I, for one, am so glad that she obeyed God and kept coming back!

I feel like Alyssa’s story applies to all of us.  I don’t know exactly why God placed me in MOPS this year.  It’s my eighth year – maybe I should move on and do something else.  But here I am because I feel this is where I am supposed to be.  Maybe God has something to teach me through MOPS this year.  So I am supposed to wait and watch with an open heart for whatever that is.  Or perhaps God wants to use me this year.  Maybe there is someone else in that room that God wants to reach out to – and He wants to use me to do it.  So, again, I wait and watch for opportunities to be God’s hands and feet to the women around me.

Really, this idea can go much farther.  Where else do you find yourself?  In your home, in your neighborhood, your workplace, on the sidelines at your child’s soccer game, in a hospital waiting room…  I believe that God can speak to us, and use us, anyplace and at any time.  All He asks of us is an open heart and willingness to obey.

Why are you in MOPS this year?  Maybe you need MOPS, or maybe MOPS needs you!  Whatever the reason, we are SO glad you are here!  See you next week!

HEIDI SONGER
MOPS A Communications
10/1/12

No comments:

Post a Comment